Wednesday, April 30

Termites

We were sorting out the lodge and double checking that all was done and looking good. That morning it had been raining quite profusely and we had received around 50mm of rain. Luckily it was an hour before the guest were meant to arrive and I walked down to the last room and saw almost a curtain of flying ants! I could not believe it as back home when I see them it’s usually at night hovering around a light so this was very interesting. Upon further investigation I saw where they were coming out of! Holes linking to the main termite mound and they were literally crawling out of the hole and learning to fly for the first time.

In the video I will show you, you can see that there are the small almost translucent termites and then the bigger ones coming out to fly away and recolonize

No comments:

Post a Comment