Tuesday, March 25

Animal darting

So I know it has been a while since I last posted but have been suffering from tick bite fever and it’s not pleasant!!! Recovering slowly from it but any ways, on Friday I was involved in some animal darting on the reserve. The helicopter landed nice and early right next to the lodge, no matter how many times you see a helicopter it’s still amazing! I took our guests even though I would have rather been in the helicopter, we went and were on the chase and were contacting the pilot to know if he had found the animals. Didn’t take more than 10 minutes to locate and dart, seeing the animal come about 50 meters in front of the car and then the helicopter landing right by us, it’s just something. With that we checked blood and put a radio tracking collar on the animal so we will be able to know its where abouts at any time. Over all it was an amazing experience and so thankful to have participated

No comments:

Post a Comment