Monday, March 31

Monty and Mitch,my two new servils

On Saturday morning got up fairly early and doubled checked that the vehicle was prepared to go to Grahamstown for the collection of the two brothers, Monty and Mitch. They are both one years old and are a lot smaller compared to the breeding male who has been shown in previous posts. 

I arrived in Grahamstown strictly for business otherwise it would be a good party weekend!! Got my permit for the transportation of the servils and headed back to Hopewell. they got delivered straight to the boma area where they will be kept for the next month just to let them realise their surroundings and calm them down a bit.as with the others I will be feeding them twice a day and checking on their basic health to make sure that they are doing well at all times.

There is a complication that had risen as the male who was let out, that is his territory and will probably not move away as the other males are younger than him. I thought this may be a problem but following orders had to do as instructed. Upon arrival this morning with food I heard something in the bushes and looked back and could see nothing, so I thought nothing of it until I felt a wet nose on my knee. It was a high adrenaline moment, even though it’s a small cat, it can still send you to hospital for stitches. Backing off slowly and giving him a piece of meat he was very relaxed after that, depending on if he stays there he could maybe become slightly tame???All will have to wait and see. 
Will keep you updated on the boys

No comments:

Post a Comment